Odroid C2 stretch image update

I saw that current download image is now using stretch but after i update to 6.8 it’s still on jessie so how can i get stretch?
Please don’t tell me i have to reinstall again :cry: i did that months ago (1.59 to 6.1).

btw: I need stretch for PI-Hole if I understood that right.

Correct.

Another option, which will most likely break your system and installation which we take no responsibility for, is to edit files in /etc/apt/sources.list and all in /etc/apt/sources.d/* and change jessie references to stretch.
Then run:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

Too bad but i will give it a try after i made a full backup thank you.

Nhawr
Jep, independently of DietPi a full distro upgrade can always cause issues. The less installed packages, the less risk. So it’s also a good reason to do a clean-up before. But worth trying after full backup.

After upgrade went through successfully, please also run “/DietPi/dietpi/func/dietpi-obtain_hw_model” to make DietPi aware of the changed distro version.

And yes, currently Pi-hole needs Stretch, better a newer dnsmasq version that runs only on Stretch. They are working on an integrated version of dnsmasq into their pihole-FTL (FTLDNS) which, when using the development branch, currently runs on Jessie as well.

I will keep that in mind thanks for the information.