Notification on updates

Hi,
is there a chance to get an email notification whenever the DietPi-Software gets an update?

Thanks,
dietpiok

Hi,

We could send a board wide email with each update of DietPi once released. Would that be good?

Actually, I think this would not be sufficient.
To get informed about updates being available I currently have to login to my Pi.
With your solution I would need to login into my Pi but look at the board.

Both actions are like pull actions. So I’d really love to get informed via email.

You’d get an email, sent via this board. I’ve sent you an example :slight_smile:

Looks great. I obviously did not get you correctly.
Let’s give it a try to announce updates here.

Thanks!

Excellent, i’ll make a note to do this starting from v147 release :slight_smile:

Bad news i’am afraid, the Google smtp server will not allow us to mass email (too many recipients):

E-mail error
» EMAIL/SMTP
/phpbb/adm/index.php

Ran into problems sending e-mail at Line 1054. Response: 452 4.5.3 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=TooManyRecipientsError l90sm2957147wmi.25 - gsmtp

Maybe get one of these Russian guys that spam the forum to do this job?

John

Lol, yep. Imagine that, a spammer thats useful to the world. We can but dream :slight_smile:

I know, old thread, but I would like to have a similar function.
Maybe it would be enough to make a rss-Feed of the page DietPi Release Notes - DietPi.com Docs

Forum members can just enable notifications for specific categories and there is a release category: https://dietpi.com/forum/c/releases/5

But until now only posts about the beta versions are made in the forum and only on the general category, not in the release category. Maybe this can be changed @MichaIng ?!

For notifications of a specific category:
Just click on the bell icon in top right corner, if you selected a category, and choose the type of notification you want.

actually we have a fixed schedule of 4 weeks. So you should be able to calculate for updates yourself. :smiley:

Or you can follow us on X (Twitter) for updates. Another option would be the unofficial DietPi Community Facebook group.