NFS retard needs help vol.2

Had a lot of help in this previous thread:

https://dietpi.com/forum/t/nfs-retard-needs-help/6324/10

• regarding not being able to share correct folders/drives. Now, in above thread i succeeded in reaching the right share via KODI running on my PC (for testing purpose), but when i do the same steps in KODI on my SHIELD TV, i can’t get access. I was under the impression, that the shares now would be accessible for all devices on the network, as long it has a NFS client.

What the h*ll, am i doing wrong, when i can get access from my PC-KODI, but not from SHIELD TV-KODI (or my android phone with KODI, for that matter)? Is it because they’re on WIFI, and the PC is cabled, or could it be because of some sort of different versions of NFS in use on different devices?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience…

/Christian

can you share the NFS exports file again?

Yes:

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
#
# Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:
# /srv/homes       hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
# /srv/nfs4        gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
#

All is hashed out, so theres noting in there, right?

btw, thanks for helping - it must be an insane amount of time spend on the board - really appreciate it, man :slight_smile:

AHH you used /etc/exports.d/dietpi.exports correct?

What is the error message on Kodi? Are you able to see both shares or just 1? Kodi version you using is same as before?

no, this is from /etc/exports.d/dietpi.exports:

/mnt/disk1 *(rw,async,no_root_squash,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
/mnt/disk2 *(rw,async,no_root_squash,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)

The previous is was from /etc/exports

In KODI, after you helped me with removing the line above, i punched in the nfs://ip/folder/path, and it worked. Did it 2 times for the 2 drives repectively and voila! But the same thing doesn’t work on either device - phone or Shield TV. Its same version of KODI. :cry:

but still working on your Windows box running Kodi?

yes

strange behaviour. If it is working on one system, it should be working on another as well. Maybe you can ask on a Kodi forum what the difference between the Kodi versions are.