Nextcloud - Error uploading big files > 512MB

Hey guys!

I’m using the latest DietPi version (download in 10/09/23 Linux 6.1.0-13-amd64 x86_64).

However, in the “system” tab on the nextcloud website, it states: upload max size: 512MB.

I’ve tried everything but it did not work. I consulted the nextcloud forum here:

[Uploading big files > 512MB — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation] Uploading big files > 512MB — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

And I also followed this discussion here on the forum:

[Nextcloud slow upload and freezing when uploading big files - General Discussion - DietPi Community Forum] Nextcloud slow upload and freezing when uploading big files

But nothing worked. Can anybody help me?
Tks!

What device are you using? Can you please fill out the troubleshoot template?
And what have you already tried?
Usually you just need to adjust the max file size in your PHP settings

Hello Jappe :slight_smile:

Bro, I am using the latest version of virtual box VM available here on the official website.

https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_VirtualBox-x86_64-Bookworm.ova.xz

You can be sure: I did a lot of research before asking for help. I’m not a Linux expert but the problem seems simple. I watched many videos explaining how to configure the php.ini, .user.ini files and also the solution from “caio1007” here on the forum. He solved it by creating an “upload_size.ini” file. I also tested using Nginx and Apache.

If you already raised the upload limit it is possible that you run into a time out now.
What ini file did you modify?
Did you restart PHP-fpm?
Can you share the exact error message (look in the logs in nextcloud admin dashboard) and can you share cat /etc/php/8.2/fpm/PHP.ini

Jappe, I have the following errors:

“Error while copying file to target location” - This error appears in a pop-up in the upper right corner of the screen. Immediately after the error.

These are the log file errors (logs in nextcloud admin dashboard):
I don’t understand why it is reporting lack of space. I’m uploading a 3GB file to a clean external drive with 50G free.

Error PHP fwrite(): Write of 582 bytes failed with errno=28 No space left on device at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log/File.php#89 2023-10-09T11:08:14-0300
Error PHP file_put_contents(): Write of 4096 bytes failed with errno=28 No space left on device at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#313 2023-10-09T11:08:14-0300

|Error|PHP|file_put_contents(): Write of 4096 bytes failed with errno=28 No space left on device at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#313||2023-10-09T11:08:14-0300|

|Error|webdav|Sabre\DAV\Exception\InsufficientStorage: Insufficient space in /, 2641264640 required, 1244672000 available|

Your questions:

“Did you restart PHP-fpm?” Every time I make any changes I restart the server. Is this sufficient?

“What ini file did you modify?” I tried this:

How to upload big files to Nextcloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-EbM9MyRBs

How to Increase the Max Upload File Size in Nextcloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J-M6RY5If8&t=373s

[Uploading big files > 512MB — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation] Uploading big files > 512MB — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

[Nextcloud slow upload and freezing when uploading big files - General Discussion - DietPi Community Forum] [Nextcloud slow upload and freezing when uploading big files] Nextcloud slow upload and freezing when uploading big files

Well the file is uploaded to a temporary space before. Can you share following

df -h
lsblk -o name,fstype,label,size,ro,type,mountpoint,partuuid,uuid