nanopi r2s gets ip addy, but no sshd available

Hello,
Maybe it’s just me and I am an idiot, but so be it : I flashed all sort of distros to an SD-card and booted them on a NanoPi R2S.
I am getting always the same IP address on the WAN ethernet port, namely, 192.168.0.199, but I cannot connect via SSH there.
There does not seem to be any SSHD waiting for my SSH connection requests anywhere.
That’s strange, because on all other forums all other people says that it works. Well, it doesn’t , at least for me.
The second ethernet port, labeled “LAN”, is always colored yellow, no matter what other computer or router I connect at the other side.

Should I be so impertinent as to connect two ethernet cables from the same router to both network ports, only the WAN one gets an IP adress; the other one seems to be ignored.

Now I don’t know how to make any connection to this nice nanopi r2s, so as to get a login. Any help ? Pleaaase…

In the meantime, I pinged the ip address of the nano pi (192.168.0.199) and I got 45% packet loss.
Now, ofcourse, this could be some sort of overzealous firewall, but I am going to suspect that the brand new hardware is simply damaged…
Now analyzing the hardware. Sorry…

I am very sorry…
The nano pi refused to boot, since the SD card did not match the needed specifications.
When that happens, you get a message over the serial line that the OS is trying to boot via TFTP.
He tries a few filenames over TFTP and then halts. In the serial console this looks like this :

(....)
TFTP error: 'File not found' (1)
Not retrying...
missing environment variable: bootfile
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/C0A80
Speed: 1000, full duplex
Using ethernet@ff540000 device
TFTP from server 192.168.0.174; our IP address is 192.168.0.163
Filename 'pxelinux.cfg/C0A80'.
Load address: 0x600000
Loading: *
Not retrying...
missing environment variable: bootfile
Retrieving file: pxelinux.cfg/C0A8
Speed: 1000, full duplex
Using ethernet@ff540000 device
TFTP from server 192.168.0.174; our IP address is 192.168.0.163
Filename 'pxelinux.cfg/C0A8'.
(....)

Finally it halts with

Not retrying...

I wrote the DietPi image now to a different SD-card and now it works like a charm!
So sorry! Case closed!