Music streaming via wifi problem

Hi,
I’ve been using Dietpi to stream music to a Rpi with the Allo Digione.
I was using wired ethernet but wondered about using wifi instead. I enabled wifi via Dietpi config but left ethernet on in case of problems. This didn’t work initially if I simply disconnected the cable, but was quite happy if I did ’ ip link set eth0 down’ .
So into dietpi config and turn off ethernet and I can reach the Pi via PuTTY but it’s not there in Audirvana Studio.
Any suggestions of what to try would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean it’s not there? You can’t add the Wifi IP, do you get some errors or what exaclty is happening?
Your wifi interface has probably another IP then your eth0 interface, did you take this into account?

Audrivana is simply music playing software, if I launch the program without the Pi on it defaults to the internal sound card. For network upnp devices I would guess it scans on start up and sees what is available. My Pi usually. Also my TVs might be there.
It has no config for network devices, just finds them or not.
When I connect via PuTTY them yes I point it at an IP and in the case of just the wifi being enabled this works.
As a side issue both eth0 and wlan0 have ended up with the same IP address. Not sure how I managed that but as I only wish to use one of them I’m not sure how solving that would help me.
Thanks for your prompt reply. :grinning:

I’ve had a look at htop and see that gmediarender has -I eth0. Guessing this won’t change when I turn off eth0. I will have a look at changing this to wlan0 and see if that fixes things…

1 Like

Used DietPi config turned off ethernet, used DietPi software uninstalled gmediarender then installed it again. htop now shows - I wlan0 and all is good.

I guess it should have been enough to adjust interface within /etc/default/gmediarender

1 Like