Mariadb fails to start after changing dietpi_data to external SSD

Hi there!

I am using dietpi on my Orangepi PC Plus with 1 GB Ram and I had overall really good experience with dietpi, but I wanted to upgrade to the RPI4.
So now setting up all the things on the RPi4. Especially nextcloud.
I also attached an SSD in an external USB 3.0 SATA Case and the SSD is recognized by the Raspberry Pi4 and I can read/write etc on this SSD.

So nextcloud working flawelessly and I wanted to move the whole dietpi_data folder from the SD-Card onto the SSD. This works but after the dietpi-drivemanager moved the dietpi_data folder and the servies are restarted mariadb always fails and therefore also nextcloud and other services relying on mariadb.

After changing the datafolder to the external SSD and exiting the drivemanager dietpi tries to start all the services and it gets stuck for about 2 Minutes trying to start mariadb and then finally fails.

When I move the dietpi_data Folder back to the System SD-Card everything works flawelessly again. My main Intention to move the dietpi_data Folder is to move the Nextcloud Files onto the external attached SSD.

So my question is: How can I resolve this issue? Want really to move the dietpi_data onto an external SSD. If you need additional informations I am glad to provide them.

Thank you very much in advance helping me to resolve this issue. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Here some Informations/Screenshots:

root@DietPi:~# systemctl status mariadb.service
● mariadb.service - MariaDB 10.3.17 database server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Sun 2019-11-03 09:36:48 GMT; 9min ago
     Docs: man:mysqld(8)
           https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/systemd/
  Process: 15752 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/install -m 755 -o mysql -g root -d /var/run/mysqld (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 15753 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 15757 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= ||   VAR=`/usr/bin/galera_recovery`; [ $? -eq 0 ]   && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, stat
us=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 15815
    Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
   Memory: 27.0M
   CGroup: /system.slice/mariadb.service

Nov 03 09:40:11 DietPi systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Got notification message from PID 15815, but reception only permitted for main PID which is currently not known
Nov 03 09:40:11 DietPi systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Got notification message from PID 15815, but reception only permitted for main PID which is currently not known
Nov 03 09:40:12 DietPi systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Got notification message from PID 15815, but reception only permitted for main PID which is currently not known
Nov 03 09:40:12 DietPi systemd[1]: mariadb.service: Got notification message from PID 15815, but reception only permitted for main PID which is currently not known

DietpiAfterChangingDietpiData.png
DietpiAfterChangingDietpiData2.png