• DietPi version
    G_DIETPI_VERSION_CORE=8
    G_DIETPI_VERSION_SUB=16
    G_DIETPI_VERSION_RC=2
    G_GITBRANCH=‘master’
    G_GITOWNER=‘MichaIng’
    G_LIVE_PATCH_STATUS[0]=‘applied’

• Distro version bullseye 0

• Kernel version 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux

• Architecture arm64

• SBC model RPI4

• Power supply used 5V 2A RAVpower)

• SD card used ssd 240 gb Kingston

Hi! Sorry for this new topic but i have this problem …

ls /dev/serial/by-id
ls: cannot access ‘/dev/serial/by-id’: No such file or directory

from the last update my dongle is not working and all my z2m is dead.
If i try " lsusb -v " is showing up my dongle SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2 but zigbee2mqtt is dead.
Can anyone help me?

Is the module loaded? lsmod
lsusb will output what is connected, but to have it operational the OS needs to identify the device as well.

I have the same. Seems that more people have this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/1331wlr/devserialbyid_suddenly_missing/

I am now referencing in my configs to /dev/serial/by-path/x, to /dev/ttyUSBx or /dev/ttyACMx, but that is not the preferred solution for the long run.

Hi!
Is not loaded ,is odd because the only think what i do it is the update to my dietpi…

Either the kernel module/driver is gone/broken or the API for those devices changed. Does someone know how the module was called and whether it can still be loaded via modprobe?

probably PRi kernel update to 6.1 changed thinks.

I also have this problem on a new dietpi install today.
It seems to work fine on another (older) rpi with DietPi v8.16.2 / Kernel 6.1.21-v8+.

Not 100% sure of all the config changes I’ve made to the old rpi.

+1 here

I’m facing the same issue after last DietPi update.

UPDATE:

It seem that the problem is a bug in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/60-serial.rules

The fix is available here, and if you edit the file everything goes back to normal.

Thx for sharing. Seems to be an issue within systemd. But the fix/commit is from Now 2022 and I wonder why it did not show up before. :thinking:

1 Like