Logitech Media Server use local Nextcloud folders?

Hi there

I have installed Nextcloud and LMS via dietpi_software. Both working fine.

Can I define a folder of Nextcloud as LMS’ mediafolder?
So I could upload music to my local Nextcloud-Folder and listen to it via LMS?
If yes: How would I accomplish this setting?

Basically: Can I access nextcloud’s folders from other applications I installed via dietpi_software? What path would I have to pass to these other applications to get there? And do I have to mind permission-settings, so i.e. a player is allowed to play music stored within the used nextcloud-folders? :thinking:

Help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

FAQ:
Where is my data stored?

• /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud

https://dietpi.com/forum/t/dietpi-software-details-for-all-installation-options/22/75

As well you could use Nextcloud External Storage App to include other directories from your system

thx Joulinar

Seems to be a permission issue

Nextcloud stores its data under /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data/userXY/files/…

But it looks like LMS has no access to it, only “root” does.
My guess is, that the Logitech Media Server does not run as root - and that’s better that way :wink:

When I try to access the folder as “dietpi” via SSH, -bash gives me a permission error.

When I use the webinterface of LMS, and try to browse towards “/mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data/” I only get to the folder “/mnt/dietpi_userdata/” but no “nextcloud_data/” shows up in there … I guess because of missing privileges …

… Can you point me towards the solution concerning permissions?
I doubt, creating a nextcloud-user called “dietpi” oder “lms” would solve the issue.

Hi,

don’t mix up user in NextCloud with the user on Linux OS Level. These are 2 different worlds.

And yes you have a permission issue on OS level and that’s what we need to fix because LMS and NextCloud are running with 2 different users.

• LMS user > squeezeboxserver
  • NextCloud user > www-data

As you can see on OS level, the file systems permission for NextCloud folder is 770. Means, access is allowed for user and group www-data only

root@DietPiVM1:/mnt/dietpi_userdata# ls -l
total 24
drwxrwxr-x 2 dietpi   dietpi   4096 Jan 17 15:50 downloads
drwxrwxr-x 2 dietpi   dietpi   4096 Mar  7 11:53 Music
drwxr-xr-x 5 mysql    mysql    4096 Mar  7 11:54 mysql
drwxrwx--- 5 www-data www-data 4096 Mar  7 11:55 nextcloud_data
drwxrwxr-x 2 dietpi   dietpi   4096 Jan 17 15:50 Pictures
drwxrwxr-x 2 dietpi   dietpi   4096 Jan 17 15:50 Video

To fix this, we would need to add user squeezeboxserver to group www-data by running following command.

usermod -a -G www-data squeezeboxserver

once done reboot your system and you should be able to see the NextCloud folder on LMS WebUI, like this:

Joulinar
thanks so much - all working now :smiley: