I have an issue to report but am stuck trying to get the logs out of my 3b+. I am sorry if I don’t post enough logs to be useful yet. Please help. For now I can decribe as best I can and say what I did:
(sorry it’s messy, been gathering notes and working on this for the whole day)
Logs problem :
- need to copy log output, over ssh without scp (using openssh I guess, since dropbear has no scp)
- “journalctl” output is too long to fit in the “terminal cache” (beginning of the log goes off screen)
- scp with openssh gives a connection refused due to router config bug (no firewall atm, not sure what’s up but port 222 is what I setup, not 22)
ex: scp -P 222 2.txt email@example.com:/home
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.3 port 222: Connection refused
- using the following command as a workaround, could work but this means copy/pasting every page of the output manually… but I gave up after 9 pages thinking this can’t be the only way
- I’d love to use xclip instead, which i installed just to try and make it easier but… I can’t seem to find how to change “ForwardX11 yes” in “~/.ssh/config”. I mean, can’t find that folder / file…
root@DietPi:~# xclip -sel c < 2.txt
Error: Can’t open display: (null)
Maybe there is another, easier way idk. But I’ve been at this for so long now (many many google foo) I’m starting to get tunnel vision. I also looked through the FAQ here. I just couldn’t find much info about logs, so I guess I need to troubleshoot the connection refused thing ^ but I am affraid to mess up more things on my actual system.
I’d really appreciate some insight about this. It would sure be a life saver, for future troubleshooting
I confirmed that installing fail2ban, pi-hole & unbound without haproxy fix this issue. So I went for that . Not sure if it was due my ingnorance or an acutal bug but anyways, I may check later
Lighttpd + haproxy, actual problem:
Initially the purpose of getting the logs out was to get help and report a blocker issue I have with lighttpd error
A start job for unit haproxy.service has finished successfully.
░░ The job identifier is 129.
Aug 24 00:30:33 DietPi haproxy: [WARNING] (499) : Server nodes/web01 is DOWN, reason: Layer4 connection problem, info: “Connection refused”, check duration: 0ms. 2 active and 0 backup servers left. 0 sess>
Aug 24 00:30:33 DietPi systemd: Starting The PHP 7.4 FastCGI Process Manager…
The job identifier is 198.
Aug 24 00:30:34 DietPi haproxy: [WARNING] (499) : Server nodes/web02 is DOWN, reason: Layer4 connection problem, info: “Connection refused”, check duration: 0ms. 1 active and 0 backup servers left. 0 sess>
Aug 24 00:30:35 DietPi haproxy: [WARNING] (499) : Server nodes/web03 is DOWN, reason: Layer4 connection problem, info: “Connection refused”, check duration: 0ms. 0 active and 0 backup servers left. 0 sess>
Aug 24 00:30:35 DietPi haproxy: [NOTICE] (499) : haproxy version is 2.4.0-6cbbecf
Aug 24 00:30:35 DietPi haproxy: [NOTICE] (499) : path to executable is /usr/local/sbin/haproxy
Aug 24 00:30:35 DietPi haproxy: [ALERT] (499) : backend ‘nodes’ has no server available!
Aug 24 00:30:35 DietPi systemd: Started The PHP 7.4 FastCGI Process Manager.
Aug 24 00:30:45 DietPi systemd: Failed to start Lighttpd Daemon.
Pi-hole lighttpd (0.0.0.0 already in use)
I don’t even know why I installed haproxy this time. Usually I just do
[ ] 73 fail2ban
[ ] 93 pi-hole
[ ] 182 unbound
- when restarting lighttpd maually, it sometimes shows [OK], sometimes not (when using “restart service” menu)
- Regardless of the behaviour mentionned above, pi-hole admin webpage always gives a 503
- A reboot always show “[ OK ] Dietpi-services | start : lighttpd” but statement #1 and #2 ^ continue to be true
- somehow the “deitpi-vpn” got installed but is listed as “inactive” in Dietpi-services, even though I did not choose to install this (unrelated ? expected behavior caused by my other installation choices?)
are we not supposed to combine/install these software together? Sorry if that’s the case… but I figured I should report in case
I will try to re-install without haproxy and see what happens.