Installing Dokku on DietPi?

I’m just getting started with DietPi, hoping to install on a RB4.

One of the softwares I’d love to use is Dokku (GitHub - dokku/dokku: A docker-powered PaaS that helps you build and manage the lifecycle of applications).

Will I be able to do that with DietPi? I couldn’t find it on the DietPi Optimized Software list, so I just wanted to ask before I dive in!

On an empty system, it should be possible to install Dokku. You just need to keep in mind that it will install quite some packages that we have available on DietPi software repository like Docker or Nginx. These software title might be configured specifically to support Dokku. Means avoid installing them again via our script.

Are you using the system for anything else, or just Dokku?

Thank you for the input and advice! At this point, I am not sure what I’ll be using the system for exactly – but I don’t have anything else on it yet at this time.

Is it possible that there could be an issue, where Dokku installs some Dokku-specific configurations for Docker and Nginx, which interferes with other softwares on the system that might also use Docker and Nginx? (e.g. other softwares aren’t as compatible with the Dokku configurations)

not sure if this can be answered fully. Depends what exactly is setup by Dokku. Theoretically you can install Docker + Nginx beforehand using dietpi-software. Maybe Dokku will accept this :slight_smile: