Installed Nextcloud via zero.sh Script - no SSH, no Dashboard

Hey Folks.

Not a bug, it’s more a lack of knowledge…

I used the tutorial/script from Nextcloud Installationsskript zero.sh - Carsten Rieger IT-Services. The DietPi Nextcloud installation gave me some trouble on my RPi4, so I tried this one. 1st: Nextcloud seems to be fine! 2nd: I am not able to connect via SSH and the Dashboard is not available anymore. I guess the problem is “fail2ban”, but I am not sure. Dropbear is running (systemctl status dropbear.services) but connection via Terminal is timed out.

Thanks!

1 Like

try to get a screen and keyboard connected to get local access. If it is fail2ban, you should see it within logs. Same for SSH logins, if not blocked by F2B.

Thanks!

I have access via keyboard, but no plan how to reactivate (dropbear is runnig at port 22 so this seems to work) or unblock SSH. I’ll try to get a look on the logs.

following to check

fail2ban-client status dropbear
journalctl -u dropbear

There is no dropbear jail. Only the preinstalled “sshd”, “nginx-http-auth” and “nextcloud”. I guess all other services, when there is no jail, are blocked completely?
The log file shows no additional information, just services are runnig, no failed login attempt.

no if there is no jail, nothing is blocked. You are sure you use correct local IP address and you did not install anything like ufw firewall?

Indeed, ufw is installed via Script. Sorry! Added the ssh rule, now it’s working again! Thank you so much!