I’m looking to install Home Assistant Community Store.
It looks like dietpi is using Home Assistant Core
Run the Home Assistant Core application directly on Python. It does not provide the full Supervisor experience, and thus does not provide the Supervisor panel and add-ons.
FYI dietpi could use
Home Assistant Supervised
The full Home Assistant experience on a regular Linux operating system. This method was previously known as “ Hass.io on generic Linux”, installed on top of, e.g., Debian.
Home Assistant Core
Open a terminal
Change to the user that is running Home Assistant
Run the HACS download script
wget -O -
https://get.hacs.xyz | bash -
I’m to change to the user that is running Home Assistant. Htop says the user is
homeassistant how ever I cant seem to login.
You should be able to switch by using following command.
sudo -u homeassistant bash
Not sure how install process changed, but I did some test in the past on this
Result was a system having software installed conflicting with DietPi
Any updates on this? Supervisor would be great for my setup.
nothing changed as Home Assistant - Supervised is still conflicting with DietPi network configuration.
what you cant figure out how to install HA supervised?
Hello, what I did:
sudo su -c 'wget -O - https://get.hacs.xyz | bash -'
sudo chown homeassistant:homeassistant -R custom_components
And then following the
Add Integration step ( here).
nice that actually worked. Thanks
Starting next release, we will pre-download HACS plugin during HA install. However, activation would need to be done individually still as describe on HACS doc.
- Amiberry | Updated to version 5.4, including LibSDL2 v2.24.1. The update can be applied via reinstall: dietpi-software reinstall 108
- Squeezelite | Updated to version 1.9.9-1403, fixed install on Debian Bookworm and added support for the Opus audio codec format. Also the default command-line arguments have been enhanced to not enforce the audio format anymore, and they can now be easily adjusted via /etc/default/squeezelite. The update can be applied via reinstall: "dietpi-software reinstall 108". Many thanks to @scan80269 and @aposcic for doing this suggestions: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/4428, https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/5791
- vaultwarden | Updated to version 1.26.0, including web vault v2022.10.0. The update can be applied via reinstall: dietpi-software reinstall 183
- Home Assistant | The Home Assistant Community Store (HACS) is now installed by default. For existing installs, do a reinstall: "dietpi-software reinstall 157". To activate HACS, follow this guide: https://hacs.xyz/docs/configuration/basic/. Many thanks to @pbanj for pointing us to this option: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/4709#issuecomment-1192069367
- Raspberry Pi | Resolved an issue where some I2C and SPI device drivers were not loaded. Many thanks to @f-laurens and others for reporting this issue: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/5789
- DietPi-Drive_Manager | Resolved an issue where it was not possible to disable the swap file with less than 2 GiB available free space on that drive. The check was meant to prevent the creation of a swap file with limited free space, while disabling/removing a swap file should of course always be possible. Furthermore the 2 GiB free space requirement has been removed completely, which has no point on non-system drives and is too strict even on system drives which, depending on the setup, can run fine with much less free space. Many thanks to @symbios24 for reporting this issue: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/5749#issuecomment-1257169750
- DietPi-Software | FreshRSS: Resolved an issue where the install failed because of changed branches on the GitHub repository. Many thanks to @baptiste313 for reporting this issue: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/5767
- DietPi-Software | Roon Bridge: Resolved an issue where the internal updater failed because of insufficient permissions. Many thanks to @Tristan_Harward for reporting this issue: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-bridge-on-dietpi-impossible-to-update-from-build-164-to-167-resolved-by-dan-knight-dietpi-creator/52303/80
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/pull/XXXX
For all additional issues that may appear after release, please see the following link for active tickets: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues
just to give everyone a heads up I was told on the hacs discord channel that dietpi installations were not supported.
so If you are having problems, you are on your own, with no support from hacs.
Maybe we should do same and accept DietPi script related questions only. Means to leave users with all their other questions alone.