Install AnyDesk Version 5 ?

Hello,
I am trying to install AnyDesk 5.1.1.1 or higher on a Odroid C2 with DietPI (latest version).
I found out by trial-and-error that only the very old version of AnyDesk , namely AnyDesk 2.9.4-1_armhf is working properly with DietPI (anydesk_2.9.4-1_armhf.deb, 1.864.774 bytes).
I failed to properly install any Anydesk 5.x versions. They get larger and need more libraries; but then they won’t be able to be remote controlled properly, I get all sort of errors , like “display_driver_not_supported” etc.

Has anyone of you been able to install higher “Anydesk” versions on DietPI and if so, how ?

No. I get some error: “libegl dri2 failed to authenticate”
I cannot Anydesk from my linux laptop to dietpi either because of Wayland on the dietpi. So I jump from my Windows box to Dietpi running 2.9.4

DietPi does not ship wayland with any install option. All is based on X.Org-X-Server. I guess it’s some library incompatibility between AnyDesk 5 and older Debian version like Stretch.

libegl dri2 failed to authenticate

That sounds like a permissions issue. Try to either run it as root user, or add the user to video + render system groups. Not sure how AnyDesk is exactly executed on server, so with some details we could give some more detailed instructions :slight_smile:.