How to point to existing dietpi-userdata?

So I’m thinking of changing drives for my system and I can easily just clone the files over to the new drive. However, I’m worried that it might be seen as a new device and be mounted with a different name to the symlink directory.
How would I go about pointing dietpi to an already existing dietpi-userdata folder, for future reference?
Cheers

Hi,

nothing to worry about. You can specify the mount point where your new HDD should be mounted on. But you would need to un-mount the old HDD before to avoid any conflicts using the same mount point.

probably the easiest way might be to change /etc/fstab entry from old HDD to new one by simply replacing UUID

I was hoping there’d be something in the dietpi-config menus, but I guess this works! Thanks a bunch.
Should I suggest a menu like that on the github page? One that would pop up if it saw dietpi-config was missing from its usual mount spot and allow you find it again via a file browser.

Well DietPi scripts are located on bootFS and /boot is usually stored on SD card. Therefore the system will not recognise that you switched HDD. The only thing happen, that all services (that have data on /mnt/dietpi_userdata/) are going to fail until you mounted the new HDD correctly to the old mount point. Mounting the new HDD could be done using dietpi-drive_manager. However there is a bug in Drive Manager on latest DietPi v6.29.2. Therefore I did not recommended it at this point :wink: