How to disable dietpi-cron completly?

Hi,

I just wanted to ask how I can disable dietpi-cron completely. I don’t want it to override settings from crontab.

Nothing get overwritten by our cron tool.

As long as you do not hit “Apply”, nothing get’s changed. dietpi-cron does not run in the background or so, if you don’t need it, just don’t use it, and defaults will stay.

Unfortunately, I have overwritten default values.
I just commented on the entries in /etc/crontab, and I hope that it will just disable my settings from dietpi-cron ?

Ah no sadly that does not work. If you comment the entries, the related cron jobs won’t run at all, which is not the default but causes issues.

However, is it such an issue with a changed time? It doesn’t really matter at what time from jobs run, but only that they do regularly. For the daily job, take a time at night where is does not disturb your productive time as e.g. services may shut down temporarily or the high load lowers server performance while jobs run. There are no weekly and monthly jobs by default, otherwise the same applies.

But here is the default content:

# Please use dietpi-cron to change cron start times
SHELL=/bin/dash
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=""
# m h dom mon dow user command
#*/0 * * * * root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.minutely
17 * * * * root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
25 1 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || { cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily; }
47 1 * * 7 root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || { cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly; }
52 1 1 * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || { cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly; }