How to delete old nextcloud settings?

I have an Odroid XU4 running dietpi with nextcloud installed. I want to do a start from scratch nextcloud install, but every time I uninstall
dietpi tells me it is saving my settings. And every time I re-install it skips the wizard and is already setup. What do I have to erase to prevent this? I deleted the nextcloud_data folder but this settings still persist. I am a linux novice (if not obvious).

Appreciate the help.

Hi,

can you be a little bit more specific? Which wizard you are referring to?

We do a CLI based install to have the setup wizard done already (database setup), if this is what you mean. You can customise that data directory admin user name via /boot/dietpi.txt settings, if this is the reason you want the have the wizard?

SOFTWARE_OWNCLOUD_NEXTCLOUD_USERNAME=admin
SOFTWARE_NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data

I remember when I first installed it there were some choices to be made, like web server, and of course user and password right? Is there no way to delete whatever files are leftover after uninstalling?

Or is there a way to format dietpi without flashing it?

First uninstalling Nextcloud, then rm -R /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data purges all data. As said, the usual wizard on first browser access is skipped since dietpi-software does it for you, i.e. setting up the database and admin user, which is all that this wizard would be for.

Ok so it does setup the admin user? Thanks I have been playing with multiple devices I may be getting my wires crossed.

How about the second question of a clean install of dietpi without flashing a new image?

Flashing a new image will be cleanest, else you can use dietpi-software and apt to remove software/packages that you do not require, but this does not affect Nextcloud.

Ah running the image preparation script is a way to restore a mostly fresh DietPi system with all user data, configs and additional packages purged:

bash -c "$(curl -sSfL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MichaIng/DietPi/dev/PREP_SYSTEM_FOR_DIETPI.sh)"

Thank you, I tried to flash a new image on an emmc I have, which was working previously. and I couldn’t for the life of me get it to boot. Kept saying it flashed correctly. So I am a little hesitant to flash the sd card that I have a working install on. Probably just being ocd wanting to start over.