hdmi input to dietpi

I have tried searching this topic with no success so far. I would like to set up a raspberry pi with amplifier to drive speakers to improve the sound from my TV. The easiest way would be to use the HDMI cable which allows the TV to send audio out. But I have yet to see the option in software to set the pi to get its audio input from hdmi and use it to drive my amplifier. Anyone know how to do this ? Is it natively supported in the dietpi software ? Or another software ? thanks for any help guys…
I use dietpi in several installations so far - one setup with amp as audio box either streamed from pc/phone/tablet or internet radio. Another ditto but without amp (DAC) to drive my hifi. A third one plays my piano music (midi output through usb interface) and then synthesizer (fluidsynth). Finally I have a kodi setup tied to the TV as a means to watch TV replay and youtube casting…

Gueron
Did some quick research, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to use the native HDMI plug as input, but only for video/audio output.

Generally you can use USB for audio input and perhaps there is a way to use the GPIO pins for that. For native HDMI (or other plug) input there are addon boards available: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=RPi+HDMI+input+board