Just stumbled across this gem!
This is a native Linux GUI for casting local files to Chromecast devices. It supports:
- Both audio and video files (anything
- Realtime transcoding (only when needed)
- Subtitles (embedded and external SRT files)
- Fast scrubbing (waiting 20s for buffering to skip 30s ahead is wrong!)
- 4K videos on the Chromecast Ultra!
Running it on my personal machine running Ubuntu Mate Jammy, seems to be working fine…streaming from my server, to our bedroom ChromeCast dongle plugged into a TV we have in the bedroom
Might work just fine on a RPi as well
Or I guess I could install Google Chrome…but bleh