Creating a bug report/issue
Setting up raspberry pi headless and disconnected due to not having time, when i came back to connect again it gave me the error of “dietp first run setup is on another screen”
- DietPi version | 8
- Distro version | bullseye
- Kernel version | Linux DietPi 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
- Architecture | arm64
- SBC model | Pi 3 B
- Power supply used | 5.5v 2.4a
- SD card used | Sandisk 8gb
Steps to reproduce
- Connect with ssh
- "dietpi is running first setup on another screen (pid=441)
What does it mean you disconnected? Did you closed the SSH session? You could try to reboot to get back the initial setup.
closed ssh session and tried rebooting, this appears still
Did you set the
AUTO_SETUP_AUTOMATED=1 flag? If so it is expected. Wait for it to finish. You can monitor it via
Did you configured auto setup?
I ran autosetup the day before, and it appears to be finished
Hmm, obviously it did not finish. Can you check
htop whether some
dietpi-login process is running and probably some sub process?
You can kill the
dietpi-login process via
htop as well and restart the setup via
exec bash on SSH.