- DietPi version | 8.20.1
- Distro version | bookworm
- Kernel version | Linux DietPi 5.15.93-sunxi #23.02.2 SMP Fri Feb 17 23:49:46 UTC 2023 armv7l GNU/Linux
- Architecture | armhf
- SBC model | NanoPi NEO (armv7l)
- Power supply used | a power supply
- SD card used | 32gb SanDisk ultra
brand new install
On my other systems running 8.8.1 on Nanopi Neo’s which are gathering data from 2x serial ports (UART1 and UART2) I had no problem enabling the serial ports by adding in “overlays=usbhost1, usbhost2, uart1, uart2” to “/boot/armbianENV.txt”
I think I also had to set the serial port permissions
Now on 8.20.1 there is no armbianENV.txt file, Do I put this in the dietpi.txt file?
in dietpi-config you can enable the serial ports for a serial console but that’s about it.
for more information I am using node-red and a serial port node, It’s displaying as “Not Connected” and it’s saying it can’t set the baud rate at 9600 which I think is a permission issue.
I’m glad I didn’t upgrade my running systems yet because I’m sure this would break the serial ports.