Disable Drive-Manager?

Hey there,

Happy XMas altogether :slight_smile:

I’d like to know if it is possible to disable the Drive-Manager? I want to mount my external usb-drives the old fashioned way by putting the necessary values into the fstab. Or is it possible to change the values of the saved drive-manager (via text-file?) values?

For example: I have an usb-drive with two different partitions on it. The drive-manager recognize only one of the two, but I like to mount also the second one. So I thought to put all the value sin the fstab as I always do, but I’m not sure if the Drive-manager overrides my fstab on boot time?

Any hit for me?

Thx a lot!

Michael

Hi Michael, merry xmas to you too :slight_smile:

The drive-manager recognize only one of the two

Strange, does it not show up in the menu after refreshing the drives? Also, what filesystem is on the drive?

but I’m not sure if the Drive-manager overrides my fstab on boot time?

Only when running dietpi-drive_manager will it modify /etc/fstab. So you can edit and add drives to /etc/fstab manually, disable the DietPi entries and dont use dietpi-drive_manager again, should be fine.

Hi Fourdee,

Thx for your reply!

The filesystem is a ext4 and there is no chane when I refresh the drives

So I will try to modify the fstab directly!

Greets Michael

Bizarre.

If you get a chance, before manually editing /etc/fstab. Please could you

• Run dietpi-drive_manager
  • Attach both drives (if not done already)
  • Refresh
  • Paste results of /etc/fstab

Hi,

Yes, because this had work: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/271#issuecomment-246388592

do same testing on DietPi v140 with a external usb-drives with two different ex4 partitions on it:

root@Odroid-C1:~# blkid
/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="BOOT" UUID="6E35-5356" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="000cde21-01"
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="000cde21-02"
/dev/sda1: LABEL="EX4-USB_P1" UUID="dba0bbc0-3fee-5373-3d39-d44d9c6257f0" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sda2: LABEL="EX4-USB_P2" UUID="f70a70fc-f230-248d-fe34-c4c2db902295" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="000cde21" PTTYPE="dos"

root@Odroid-C1:~# lsblk

NAME        MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda           8:0    1   3,7G  0 disk
├─sda1        8:1    1   1,9G  0 part /mnt/usb_1
└─sda2        8:2    1   1,9G  0 part
mmcblk0     179:0    0  29,1G  0 disk
├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0 128,5M  0 part /boot
└─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0    29G  0 part /

root@Odroid-C1:~# cat /etc/fstab
#Internal Drives---------------------------------------------------
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                                                                                        0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           auto    defaults,noatime,discard                                                        0 2
/dev/mmcblk0p2  /               auto    defaults,noatime,discard                                                        0 1
tmpfs                   /tmp                    tmpfs   defaults,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777                         0 0
tmpfs                   /var/log                tmpfs   defaults,size=20m,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777  0 0
tmpfs                   /DietPi                 tmpfs   defaults,size=10m,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777        0 0

#External Drives---------------------------------------------------
#NB: Please use dietpi-drive_manager to setup and control your external drives.
/dev/sda1       /mnt/usb_1      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sdb1       /mnt/usb_2      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sdc1       /mnt/usb_3      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sdd1       /mnt/usb_4      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sde1       /mnt/usb_5      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0

#Samba Client------------------------------------------------------
#/mnt/samba . Please use dietpi-config and the Networking Options: NAS menu to setup this mount

#FTP Client Mount--------------------------------------------------
#/mnt/ftp_client . Please use dietpi-config and the Networking Options: NAS menu to setup this mount

#NFS Client Mount--------------------------------------------------
#/mnt/nfs_client . Please use dietpi-config and the Networking Options: NAS menu to setup this mount
# a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
#   use  dphys-swapfile swap[on|off]  for that

root@Odroid-C1:~# dietpi-drive_manager

proc            /proc           proc    defaults                                                                                        0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           auto    defaults,noatime,discard                                                        0 2
/dev/mmcblk0p2  /               auto    defaults,noatime,discard                                                        0 1
tmpfs                   /tmp                    tmpfs   defaults,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777                         0 0
tmpfs                   /var/log                tmpfs   defaults,size=20m,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777  0 0
tmpfs                   /DietPi                 tmpfs   defaults,size=10m,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777        0 0

UUID=dba0bbc0-3fee-5373-3d39-d44d9c6257f0       /mnt/usb_1      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sdb1       /mnt/usb_2      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sdc1       /mnt/usb_3      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sdd1       /mnt/usb_4      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0
#/dev/sde1       /mnt/usb_5      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0

#/mnt/samba . Please use dietpi-config and the Networking Options: NAS menu to setup this mount

#/mnt/ftp_client . Please use dietpi-config and the Networking Options: NAS menu to setup this mount

#/mnt/nfs_client . Please use dietpi-config and the Networking Options: NAS menu to setup this mount

root@Odroid-C1:~# mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/usb_2

root@Odroid-C1:~# lsblk
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda           8:0    1   3,7G  0 disk
├─sda1        8:1    1   1,9G  0 part /mnt/usb_1
└─sda2        8:2    1   1,9G  0 part /mnt/usb_2
mmcblk0     179:0    0  29,1G  0 disk
├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0 128,5M  0 part /boot
└─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0    29G  0 part /

UUID=dba0bbc0-3fee-5373-3d39-d44d9c6257f0       /mnt/usb_1      auto     defaults,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.automount  0 0

root@Odroid-C1:~# lsblk -i -f
NAME        FSTYPE LABEL      UUID                                 MOUNTPOINT
sda
|-sda1      ext4   EX4-USB_P1 dba0bbc0-3fee-5373-3d39-d44d9c6257f0 /mnt/usb_1
`-sda2      ext4   EX4-USB_P2 f70a70fc-f230-248d-fe34-c4c2db902295 /mnt/usb_2
mmcblk0
|-mmcblk0p1 vfat   BOOT       6E35-5356                            /boot
`-mmcblk0p2 ext4   rootfs     e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 /

As well tested with different partition combinations “ex2/ex4”, “FAT32/ex4”, “exFAT/ex4” ==>> same result.

BTW: notice, that at the moment where is no exFat support in DietPi.

Hi Fourdee and k-plan,

sorry I was too fast.
I already changed the necessary values in my fstab. So I can’t provide you with more informations.

CU, Michael