dietpi + wicd for better WLAN experience?

Hello,
I have installed DietPI and LXDE on a Odroid C2; I have also read the manual tha WLAN connections are meant to be added by editing the parameters in the proper text file in the /boot directory.
Hoever what I would really want is a graphical tool like WICD.

Have you tried to install WICD for WLAN management and if yes, does it work properly ?

Hi,

you could use “dietpi-config” tool to manage your wifi settings. It’s as well some kind of of interface. No need to go down to config files. It’s working as well without a graphic desktop enthronement :sunglasses:

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────┤ DietPi-Config ├───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
                │ Please select an option to change:                                                                                   │
                │                                                                                                                      │
                │                                                 ●─ Adapter Options ──────────────●                                   │
                │                                    Ethernet     : Available | [On] | Connected                                       │
                │                                    WiFi         : Not Found | [Off] | Disconnected                                   │
                │                                    Onboard WiFi : [Off]                                                              │
                │                                                 ●─ Additional Options ───────────●                                   │
                │                                    IPv6         : [Off]                                                              │
                │                                    Proxy        : [Off]                                                              │
                │                                    Test         : Run internet connection test                                       │
                │                                                                                                                      │
                │                                  <Ok>                                      <Back>                                    │
                └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

This is not what I want.
I want an icon on my LXDE taskbar that I can click on and where I can set the WIFI parameters if necessary.

So I ask again :

DOES WICD WORK WITH DIETPI ? YES/NO ?
HAS ANYONE INSTALLED WICD FOR DIETPI? IF SO , HOW ?

yes

apt-get install wicd