dietpi-update command error

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Raspberry Pi’s and DietPi in general. That being said, when I try to run the command

dietpi-update

I end up getting an error. Please see attached screenshots. Could anyone indicate what might be wrong? Do I need to reinstall DietPi?

Hi,

basically the issue is not with dietpi-update themself. As part of the update, DietPi is trying to update all apt managed packages. There your system is failing because it seems your system time is not set correctly and therefore the apt repositories are not valid.

can you try to update your system time /boot/dietpi/func/run_ntpd 1

BTW, there is no need to add screen shots as they are quite hard to read. You can copy the content from your SSH terminal and add it as code section to the forum post.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to take a look at my problem and help me out. This resolve my issue, but I had to track it down to something else, but at the end of the day, turned out it was the time was out of synch.

I will make a note, for future reference to avoid screenshots and just copy/paste the terminal window under “code”.

Once again, thanks a lot!