Cpu usage while idle

Hello everyone!

Recently I updated to a fresh install of the x64 diet version (coming from ruining 32 bits version for almost 1.5 year), but I noticed that cpu usage seems a bit more intense/active than it seemed on the 32 bit system.
Don’t get me wrong, I know that CPU will never stop cycling and this is just a sample graph, but I remember very well that the CPU usage would stay in the 0.0 mark for a while before going up.
Can someone please enlighten me where I could start looking or if this behavior is expected?

Well CPU usage is around 0.1 - 0.2 %, which is nearly nothing. Most of the time is spend on Docker and RPI Monitor.

Joulinar, just for closure, this is totally related to the newest fix included in the newest dietpi-update updating the config.txt to dtparam=sd_poll_once. Now the very same setup of this original post has the cpu usage of around 0.03 while idle. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my post and I definitely forgot to mention that I had upgraded to a SDless setup.
Anyway, thanks for the fix!

yes this is/was a default behaviour of Raspberry OS to constantly search for a SD card even if booted from USB. Issue was fixed based on following GitHub issue.

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/4602