CPU freq stuck at 1400Mhz

My cpu is stuck at 1400Mhz and doesnt show anything near 4600Mhz as an option.
just upgraded my server to a ryzen 7 5700U, and cant find an option to use the cpu fully.
is there something i can change? or do i need to migrate to a different OS?

Required Information

• DietPi version |
    G_DIETPI_VERSION_CORE=9
    G_DIETPI_VERSION_SUB=2
    G_DIETPI_VERSION_RC=1
    G_GITBRANCH=‘master’
    G_GITOWNER=‘MichaIng’
  • Distro version | bullseye
  • Kernel version | Linux Skynetmini 5.10.0-28-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.209-2 (2024-01-31) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Architecture | amd64
    model | Native PC (x86_64)

Did you tried a stresstest and watched the frequencies or how did you come up with this?
What does cpu show as max frequency?

i checked the cpu governor under dietpi-config, which listed speed between 1400 and 1800Mhz. to check that it didnt run any higher than that i started the minecraft server on it, and checked freq using the “cpu” command which stated the current speed to be 1396Mh, and min/max speed was 1400Mhz.

I did manage to get it to run faster once i edited the cpu max freq value that the config stores. i changed the value to what the cpu is supposed to max out at which is around 4600Mhz.

Once checking the speeds using “cpu” it stated speeds over 1400 on all cores, and when stressed all cores where around 4600.

my problem is just that the dietpi-config didnt understand what speeds the cpu supported.

Can you check

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

and

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/max_perf_pct

root@Skynetmini:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

1800000 1700000 1400000

root@Skynetmini:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/max_perf_pct

cat: /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/max_perf_pct: No such file or directory