Chromium Install Failed on DietPi 8.3.1

Hi
Does anybody have their Chromium install failed or upgraded failed for dietpi 8.3.1?
I used dietpi-update and the process failed during upgrading chroumium, and then I unistalled chromium and then run dietpi-update. The dietpi is able to upgrade, but when I install chromium back, it keeps giving me the same error message.

• Command: sed -i s/chromium.d/chromium-browser/customizations/ │
    │ /var/lib/dietpi/dietpi-software/installed/chromium-autostart.sh │
    │ - Exit code: 1 │
    │ - DietPi version: v8.3.1 (MichaIng/master) | HW_MODEL: 4 | HW_ARCH: 3 | DISTRO: 5 │
    │ - Image creator: DietPi Core Team │
    │ - Pre-image: Raspberry Pi OS Lite (64-bit) │
    │ - Error log: │
    │ sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unknown option to `s’

Just a question. You have the exact same error during the update and on a new install?

Just a question. You have the exact same error during the update and on a new install?

No, it was not. I don’t remember exact error, but it was a mv command.

I checked the update and install scripts. Seems you have some configs directories that should be migrated into a new structure. At least it was part of 8.2 update

You have one of the following directory available?

ls -la /etc/chromium.d
ls -la /etc/chromium-browser

ls -la /etc/chromium.d

No

ls -la /etc/chromium-browser

Yes

In 8.3.1, is Chromium a default browser? So, I have uninstalled Chromium in my dietpi via dietpi-software, howerver, I see Chromium is still there.

Where do you see it still installed? You mean the preference option?

At least for the installation, I found the issue. Try to install Chromium again. Once hit be the error, you should get an error menu at the bottom. Select Change command, remove the entire command and replace it as follow

sed -i s/chromium\.d/chromium-browser\/customizations/ /var/lib/dietpi/dietpi-software/installed/chromium-autostart.sh

Once done, retry.

Where do you see it still installed? You mean the preference option?

I have LXQt installed, and I can see the Chromium browswer is on my Start Menu → Internet-> Chromium. When I click that, the new Chromium browser does show.

sed -i s/chromium.d/chromium-browser/customizations/ /var/lib/dietpi/dietpi-software/installed/chromium-autostart.sh

This command works.

We don’t have a real default browser. Basically you can choose between Firefox and Chromium. Or even possible to install both. Once installed they show up on the desktop menu.

We don’t have a real default browser. Basically you can choose between Firefox and Chromium. Or even possible to install both. Once installed they show up on the desktop menu.

gotcha. :smiley:

I have LXQt installed, and I can see the Chromium browswer is on my Start Menu → Internet-> Chromium. When I click that, the new Chromium browser does show.

I think the chromium does installed from my previous tries on dietpi-software, but it is just the last command on the sed that got stuck.

but it is just the last command on the sed that got stuck.

And it is just updating a notice only. Not even a real command :wink:

It’s making a note that your config is located at /etc/chromium-browser instead of /etc/chromium.d

More cosmetic than a real usage. But yeah, even this could stuck :roll_eyes:

I opened a PR to have this fixed on next release. DietPi-Software | Chromium: Fix install on RPi Buster by Joulinar · Pull Request #5416 · MichaIng/DietPi · GitHub