Burning image for Nanopi NEO2 not valid?

This really does feel like a noob question but it’s not my first RPi/RPi alternative. I’ve done this many times before with other RPis.

I downloaded EDIT: REMOVED OBSOLETE LINK and wrote it out to my microSD card with Etcher (also tried dd with same results). I’m on MacOS Catalina.

Writing the image out is successful, but the resultant microSD card does not show a boot partition. Thus, nothing is mounted.

I’ve successfully burned raspbian to that same microSD and it shows the boot partition as expected.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Is there something obvious in my process that I’m missing?
Thanks for the help.

Hi,

many thanks for your request. You can open the *.img file on your computer directly. At least on Windows it’s possible using 7Zip. Not sure how it is on Mac. But there you will see, that the image contains a single partition only. There is no specific boot partition like on raspberry pi image.

Thank you for the quick reply. That was helpful. Now I know I didn’t do it wrong. But I still need to figure out how to mount that filesystem on the Mac so I can edit the dietpi.txt file before I boot from it. More thinking…