AlloGUI not working: Apache service doesn't start

ls: cannot access '/etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service': No such file or directory
No files found for roonbridge.service.
[Service]
AmbientCapabilities=

Roon Bridge you mean? it is enabled (via Allo GUI): see the snapshot in a previous post

Can you please check:

ls -l /etc/systemd/system/roonbridge* /opt/roonbridge

oh… wait… I just went back to the Allo Gui and… Roon Bridge is working now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
-rw-r--r-- 1 root       root  456 Jan 26 16:19 /etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service

/etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service.d:
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31 Jan 26 17:52 dietpi-no-caps.conf

/opt/roonbridge:
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 roonbridge root 4096 Sep 15 19:28 Bridge
drwxr-xr-x 5 roonbridge root 4096 Sep 15 19:28 RoonMono
-rw-r--r-- 1 roonbridge root   40 Sep 15 19:28 VERSION
-rwxr-xr-x 1 roonbridge root 1571 Sep 15 19:28 check.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 roonbridge root 1170 Sep 15 19:28 start.sh

:v:

Okay, as expected it was disabled there. We need to do this differently in Allo GUI, this makes debugging difficult. I’ll push an update the next days to solve this differently.

Good, so we found a solution with removing the capabilities. I’ll generate a new Sparky SBC Allo GUI image with this exact solution (the /etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service.d/dietpi-no-caps.conf file), so no need for you to flash again or something.

1 Like

thank you so much once more! :medal_sports:

The same problem and fix applies also to Sparky SBC without Allo Gui (found out when installed 8.16.2).

A patch is now applied on Roon Bridge install instead of on Allo GUI image generation, to fix this for all Sparky SBC systems. Also the Apache webserver and related stacks are now disabled on Sparky SBC: v8.17 · MichaIng/DietPi@f189571 · GitHub