Add install Scripts for Java OpenSDK

Hi there, it took me a long time to figure out how to install OpenSDK the right way with a working JavaFX included.
Therefore it would be great if it was possible to choose Java from dietpi-software > Optimised and have the choice which version is required.
Script can take care of the rest including making the config changes needed to make it work.

I think it would help a lot of people and save them a lot of research time why it doesn’t work out-of-the-box when using a simple apt-get

Thanks for considering!

Hi, I just registered on this site only to second this post!

I’m trying to install and successfully run a minecraft forge server on the pi4.
Hence I am one of this lot of people who don’t understand why the simple apt-get is not working… :frowning:

And as I am fairly sure that a lot of people will follow turning to dietpie for a forge server for it’s newly achieved native 64bit support, I bet sooo many people will be grateful for an easy solution in dietpi-config or dietpi-software.

please consider and thanks a lot for everything you’ve done so far.
Dietpi is amazing!

Hi,

Java: OpenJDK + JRE library (Software ID 8 ) is already available from dietpi-software. It will install v11 except for Debian Stretch and ARMv6 systems. There v8 will be installed.