(resolved) PiHole AdBlocker

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
dv8ed

(resolved) PiHole AdBlocker

Post by dv8ed »

Never had any issues, I SSH'ed into DietPi today it said there was an update v90 to v92 applied update it, restarted now Pi Hole is not working. Running this command ps aux | grep -ci [d]nsmasq returns 0.

I didn't assign a static IP to it, my router gives it a static by MAC address so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Been using it like this for a while until this update. Any help would be appreciated.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: PiHole AdBlocker

Post by Fourdee »

dv8ed wrote:Never had any issues, I SSH'ed into DietPi today it said there was an update v90 to v92 applied update it, restarted now Pi Hole is not working. Running this command ps aux | grep -ci [d]nsmasq returns 0.

I didn't assign a static IP to it, my router gives it a static by MAC address so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Been using it like this for a while until this update. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi dv8ed,

We had a few other users reporting the same issue. A patch has been released with DietPi v93 to resolve this.

Simply run the following to update your system:

Code: Select all

dietpi-update
Reboot and dnsmasq will be fixed.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
dv8ed

Re: PiHole AdBlocker

Post by dv8ed »

Thank you that worked!
dv8ed

Re: (resolved) PiHole AdBlocker

Post by dv8ed »

Looks like this issue is back again. I was on v119 updated to v125, reboot now Pi-Hole is not working again.
I ran ps aux | grep -ci [d]nsmasq it returned 0.

Update: I backed up my whitelist.txt, wiped, imaged DietPi & re-installed PiHole again it was quick less than 10 mins to get it up and running again. Probably something during update broke again like last time. Still love DietPi since it's so light on resources.