Update | RPi Stretch image is now default with DietPi v159

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
satfoxy

Re: RPi Stretch (Alpha) | testers wanted

Post by satfoxy »

I just wanted to say that I have installed at the Rp3 with https and owncloud server and it is so so good working.It is amazing that the operation system software can make such a big deferred with the same hardware.Later at night I will try to my fist Rp1 512 ram.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Trying this on Rpi3 - mostly OK so far - Syncthing, Webmin, PhpMyAdmin, NoIP, LLMP, NextCLoud -but no wifi - is support for this likely to be far away?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:Trying this on Rpi3 - mostly OK so far - Syncthing, Webmin, PhpMyAdmin, NoIP, LLMP, NextCLoud -but no wifi - is support for this likely to be far away?
Hi John,

Onboard RPi 3 WiFi is fixed in v142 update.

Can be manually patched now with:

Code: Select all

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade -y
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RPi-Distro/firmware-nonfree/master/brcm80211/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt -O /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt
reboot
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade -y
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RPi-D ... 0-sdio.txt -O /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt
reboot
Hi Fourdee,

Tried this but still get the message about no wireless hardware found.

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote: Tried this but still get the message about no wireless hardware found.

John
Hi John,

Apologies, must of been something I missed in patch notes. I just tried a install of the testing v142 branch, WiFi is fully functional.

Looking to release v142 today/tomorrow, if you get a chance after you've updated, please let me know if the problem is resolved.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

Getting there testing the wifi but am I right in thinking that this release blocks SSH connections unless you put a file on the boot partition called "ssh"?

John

Edit - WiFi good and added the PiCam software - working fine also.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:thinking that this release blocks SSH connections unless you put a file on the boot partition called "ssh"?
Hi John,

Not that i'am aware of :)
Edit - WiFi good and added the PiCam software - working fine also.
Excellent, thanks for letting me know :)
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

The wifi stopped working I am afraid - I wasn't doing much with this device so didn't notice. I can set it up, it appears to be connected, but on reboot - the wifi connection is not active. Upgraded to v143 - just the same.

Any way to troubleshoot this?

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:Hi Fourdee,

The wifi stopped working I am afraid - I wasn't doing much with this device so didn't notice. I can set it up, it appears to be connected, but on reboot - the wifi connection is not active. Upgraded to v143 - just the same.

Any way to troubleshoot this?

John
Hi John,

We had an issue with the DietPi kernel in v143, lacked firmware for USB WiFi and onboard WiFi.

Please can you run the command in the link below. This will update the kernel and included firmware, reboot and see if the problem persists?
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issue ... -276087954
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

Did as suggested - no luck. Running dietpi-config and connecting wifi it looks as if it is connected. Reboot, it isn't. Did this several times same result.

John