Issue installing on HPT620 SSD Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Issue installing on HPT620 SSD

Post by MichaIng »

It is safe to remove the old kernel, when you reboot directly. I suggest to do:

Code: Select all

apt purge linux-image-5.10.0-8-amd64
reboot
And confirm to remove to running kernel.

I'll update our x86_64 images to not contain a dedicated boot partition. This causes more issues than it solves, especially when no single kernel package is used like on RPi but a meta package, so that multiple kernel versions + related initramfs can be installed concurrently. RPi doesn't even use an initramfs by default, so there it is not an issue.
TommySharpNZ

Post by TommySharpNZ »

Thanks for looking into this guys.... In my machine's current state... What commands or steps should I be doing to resolve the issue? Or is it better just wait for a possible new image without the dedicated boot partition?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

try this as stated above

Code: Select all

apt purge linux-image-5.10.0-8-amd64
reboot
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
TommySharpNZ

Post by TommySharpNZ »

Thanks! running that appears to resolve the issue.... I will continue and hopefully this doesn't bite me in the ass months down the track and I have to rebuild :-)
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

At least the solution will always be the same. When you install a new kernel and the space in /boot isn't sufficient for some step, either remove the old kernel files manually (the initrd should always be sufficient as it is by far the largest file) or purge the old kernel package, then dpkg --configure -a and reboot.