Out of space error trying to install transmission Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Supersocks

Out of space error trying to install transmission

Post by Supersocks »

When I'm trying to install Transmission using dietpi-software its erroring out with :

Code: Select all

Setting up libnatpmp1:armhf (20150609-7) ...
Setting up libminiupnpc17:armhf (2.1-1+b1) ...
Setting up transmission-common (2.94-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up transmission-daemon (2.94-2+deb10u2) ...
useradd: failed to reset the lastlog entry of UID 110: No space left on device
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/transmission-daemon.service → /lib/systemd/system/transmission-daemon.service.
Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u8+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1) ...
E: Write error - ~LZMAFILE (28: No space left on device)
Not sure where is running out, df -H gives

Code: Select all

Filesystem                                             Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                                               32G  6.3G   24G  21% /
devtmpfs                                               1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev
tmpfs                                                  1.9G   25k  1.9G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                                                  1.9G  193M  1.7G  11% /run
tmpfs                                                  5.3M     0  5.3M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                                                  1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                                                   53M   53M     0 100% /var/log
tmpfs                                                  2.1G   24M  2.1G   2% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1                                         265M   53M  212M  20% /boot
192.168.2.254:/raid0/data/_NAS_NFS_Exports_/NAS_Share   12T  5.2T  6.2T  46% /mnt/NAS
I was in one of NFS directories when runing the dietpi-software command if that is relevant?
This is on v7.7.3 of Dietpi on a RPi 4 Model B

Not sure where to look to free up space, any ideas?
Joulinar

Re: Out of space error trying to install transmission

Post by Joulinar »

According information provided, /var/log is full and require cleaning. Do you have persistent logging activated?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Supersocks

Post by Supersocks »

Thanks Joulinar, honestly, I dont know, is there any way to keep the log space freed up?
Supersocks

Post by Supersocks »

Restarted and log space is free, transmission installed just fine so you were right Joulinar that was it.
I had a permissions problem that was causing Sonarr problems moving a file from a download directory to another directory and it was retrying for days before i noticed the problem, i suspect it was constantly logging about that, maybe thats the root cause?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Probably, unfortunately we don't know which file was using the space as they are gone during reboot ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team