Support for Radxa Zero

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Dhry

Support for Radxa Zero

Post by Dhry »

Have just received my Radxa Zero. Installed the Debian image on it, boots up great. Hoping that a DietPi image will be made available soon as I'm a big fan.

If any questions or beta testing needed I'd be happy to help out. Mine's the 1Gb version without EMMC.

Cheers
Dhry
Joulinar

Re: Support for Radxa Zero

Post by Joulinar »

If Debian is running, you simply could try to install DietPi on top using our PREP script https://dietpi.com/docs/hardware/#make- ... stribution
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Dhry

Post by Dhry »

Joulinar wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:00 pm If Debian is running, you simply could try to install DietPi on top using our PREP script https://dietpi.com/docs/hardware/#make- ... stribution
Did not know this existed! I'll try it out later today. Thank you!

Dhry
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

let us know how it's going.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Dhry

Post by Dhry »

Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried it twice, once when SSHing into the box, once from a terminal started from within the desktop environment. Downloaded the script, elected to go with the beta version, Bullseye, and keep wifi enabled. Script ran fine for a while, downloaded and installed a stack of stuff. Window manager stopped. Still had the shell. Then it got to a point where it just kept repeating the same info over and over. Shut down and the system wouldn't boot up again. Tried this twice, from SSH and from local.

See screenshot.

Should I be trying the master version instead?

Dhry

Edit: I chose "Generic device", BTW.
Screenshot
Screenshot
Last edited by Dhry on Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

did you used Debian Bullseye before or Debian Buster? Usually there is no difference between Beta or Master as we just released a new version. Looks like a loop of connecting USB devices

@MichaIng
any ideas.
Dhry

Post by Dhry »

Joulinar wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:29 pm did you used Debian Bullseye before or Debian Buster? Usually there is no difference between Beta or Master as we just released a new version.
The official Radxa debian release is Buster with xfce. https://github.com/radxa/radxa-zero-ima ... d/releases

Edit: Did I screw up by using a Buster release, but in the Dietpi script, electing to go with Bullseye? I kind of figured that was the end-result of what I was going for, and didn't think that it might mean "what are you STARTING with?"..

Dhry
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well there you would need select Buster as well and not Bullseye. At least I would avoid going to a different Debian version as long as DietPi is not up
Dhry

Post by Dhry »

Joulinar wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 pm well there you would need select Buster as well and not Bullseye. At least I would avoid going to a different Debian version as long as DietPi is not up
Started from scratch again. Chose all the same options as before when SSH'ing into the box, except selected Buster this time. Again, script seemed to run fine, removed a whole bunch of stuff but the same thing eventually happened. Always seems to die when removing "dbus". Once again, output on the Zero just shows mouse detected on USB every 60 seconds or something. See screens.

Dhry
Dietpi Script
Dietpi Script
Zero screen
Zero screen
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

could be our PREP script is purging important stuff needed Radxa Zero device as these things might not be expected. In this case it is not working than.