HiTide TIDAL Connect Installer - missing multiarch-support and libavformat57 packages on DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye.

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: HiTide TIDAL Connect Installer - missing multiarch-support and libavformat57 packages on DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye.

Post by MichaIng »

Yes as long as there are not public binaries or packages or sources, we have no chance to implement it. Using those legacy ones together with several Jessie and Stretch packages is not an option, also since the original source does not exist anymore so that nobody knows that is actually inside, whether its original or manipulated. Also whether it is "legal" to use those or was simply an accident that they were available at all on a public GitHub repo is unknown as well.
przemnet

Re: HiTide TIDAL Connect Installer - missing multiarch-support and libavformat57 packages on DietPi_RPi-ARMv8-Bullseye.

Post by przemnet »

Totally agree with everything what you've wrote Michael :-)

iFi introduced their streamer called iFi ZEN Stream that has an operating system that looks like Volumio (probably they bought some part of the code), so I think that they were developing TIDAL connect and accidentally made the repo public... But this is just my guess.

However if founder of such a great OS as DietPi had contacted TIDAL and/or iFi asking whether it is possible to add officially TIDAL Connect to dietpi-software it would have been a great bonus for DietPi users :D I'm just showing the possibilities :D
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

We could try that. However, there are so many other software titles highly requested, so for proprietary (product) closed source software I currently don't have the time to start contacting them about such matter. That would clearly be quite some longer process, probably involves some legal agreements (at least when we got the sources to build own binaries) etc. Basically I see a chance only when TIDAL would provide Debian binaries from their end, which then would also mean that there is a guaranteed functionality from their end, a willingness to in case adjust code to keep it functional with new Debian releases and all such. This is not something we are able to deal with (time investment) ourselves, and it doesn't make sense at all to have DietPi only binaries/packages without making those Debian binaries/packages with a much larger user space that would benefit from the efforts.
przemnet

Post by przemnet »

Sure, understood ;-) Nevertheless I keep my fingers crossed for seeing one day TIDAL Connect in dietpi-software 8)

Cheers,
Przemek