MotionEye on RasPi1 with BullsEye missing

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: MotionEye on RasPi1 with BullsEye missing

Post by MichaIng »

And just to repeat: If anyone finds time to create a fork and bundle + merge the Python 3 fixes/PRs which do already exist at the upstream repository, that would really help. Most things do work pretty fine when combining all those. I just do not find the time currently.
cverter123

Post by cverter123 »

MichaIng wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:09 pm And just to repeat: If anyone finds time to create a fork and bundle + merge the Python 3 fixes/PRs which do already exist at the upstream repository, that would really help. Most things do work pretty fine when combining all those. I just do not find the time currently.
Motioneye just released their official support for Bullseye (both Raspian and Debian). Here are the links:

https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneye/wi ... n-Bullseye
https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneye/wi ... (Bullseye)

Briefly looking through the pull requests, it does indeed seem like they have ported Motioneye over to support Python3. Would this re-enable DietPi's support for Motioneye?

For me, I want to switch from a RPI over to an old PC, but I see the PC image is only Bullseye, which currently doesn't have Motioneye yet (totally understand due to Motioneye on Python2-only until just a few days ago).

Thank you guys for all the great work!
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

...by installing Python 2 explicitly. Not an option we'll consider as responsible solution for DietPi-Software. But the instructions will work on DietPi.

I'll create a Python 3 fork the next days and try to merge all related open pull requests from the upstream repository.
cverter123

Post by cverter123 »

MichaIng wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:47 am ...by installing Python 2 explicitly. Not an option we'll consider as responsible solution for DietPi-Software. But the instructions will work on DietPi.

I'll create a Python 3 fork the next days and try to merge all related open pull requests from the upstream repository.
Ah my bad. I glanced too fast and didn't even see the part regarding python2 installation. I was looking at the pull requests and saw porting to Python3 is being worked on so I just assumed. Thanks for pointing that out.
The_Raven

Post by The_Raven »

MichaIng wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:47 am I'll create a Python 3 fork the next days and try to merge all related open pull requests from the upstream repository.
This are VERY cool news! 8)
I played with the idea to do this, but i have absolutely no skills in python, neither in git or some other benefits. So i think i can not manage such a project :roll:
What i can do is testing if needed.