the goal is to install DietPi on a Raspberry PI Zero (not Pi Zero W/WH) with Tp Link Network USB Adapter TL-WN725N.
After fiew reserches, seems that is not impossible but:
- DietPi need network for first boot, so
- Network Adapter must be installed before DietPi network checking
- TL-WN725N driver must be precompiled and copied in a convenient place, so
- Custom script must do something like :
Code: Select all
sudo install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/5.10.17+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless sudo insmod /lib/modules/5.10.17+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8188eu.ko sudo depmod -a
- First installation must be keyboard less due to USB must be used by USB adapter... or is a fake problem?
Anyway the problems for me (not so confident in Linux) are:
- Compile or (better) find correct precompiled driver for the right Kernel ( 5.10.17+).
- Write the custom script.
- Everithing I'v not considered or understanded.
- TL-WN725N Documentation show Linux compatibility with Kernel 2.6.18 - 3.19.3). Does it means that the Adapter is not compatible with Kernel 5.10.17+ ???
So my question is simple, it is possible to install DietPi on Raspberry Pi Zero + Tp Link Network USB Adapter TL-WN725N?
If yes, can someone help me in this?