Setting Up AdGuard: DNS Redirect doesn’t work Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Setting Up AdGuard: DNS Redirect doesn’t work

Post by Joulinar »

I'm not 100% sure if I understand your question. You mean you don't have internet connection on your clients? Which is logic if you switch of the RPi hosting AGH. Settings in /etc/resolv.conf is applicable for the RPi themselves but has nothing to do how your clients resolve DNS request. Your clients will you the DNS server they got assigned via DHCP. Not sure what DHCP server you are running but some allow to assign a 2nd DNS that can be used if first one is failing.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

Let me rephrase my question: If the AGH Rpi is shut down or it fails, is there a way to allow my devices to automatically connect to the internet? i.e. bypass the Rpi?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Let me quote myself
Not sure what DHCP server you are running but some allow to assign a 2nd DNS that can be used if first one is failing.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

I'm running the Rpi AGH Quad9 servers as mentioned.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

AGH is DHCP server as well?
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

Yes, correct.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Did you checked if there is an option inside AGH to assign a 2nd DNS server? If not you might need to ask AGH guys at their GitHub if such option exist.
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »

I could not find a second one so I"ve asked https://www.reddit.com/r/Adguard/commen ... er_option/ on their Reddit forum.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Wrong question ask. You are looking for a secondary DNS server option inside AGH DHCP function. And it might be better to ask directly on AGH GitHub instead of Reddit
Rhizome

Post by Rhizome »