Reboot After Install Inconsistent Behavior

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
vnzkay

Reboot After Install Inconsistent Behavior

Post by vnzkay »

I'm working towards a truly handsfree/headless setup process (and then documenting it as a tutorial). This is the first in a series of questions I'll post here; the conclusion will hopefully be a streamlined, hands-free flash-/initialize-board process. Happy to share what I end up with.

Where would the cleanest "reboot-after-install" point be? In order to cleanly register a custom-hostname board on a network, I'd like to reboot it after the first-boot setup succeeds. Is there a good place to do that?

Adding a `reboot` at the end of Automation_Custom_Script.sh works well for the ARM-64 bit image, but causes the ARM-32 bit image to restart the install process over.
Joulinar

Re: Reboot After Install Inconsistent Behavior

Post by Joulinar »

@MichaIng
if I'm not mistaken, we had a similar request in the near past about the point where to perform an automated reboot on first install. But I could not remember the exact case.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Reboot After Install Inconsistent Behavior

Post by MichaIng »

Ah yes that is true. I actually wanted to change that already, done now: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/comm ... 190e24dc3b

As a workaround, do

Code: Select all

echo 2 > /boot/dietpi/.install_stage
in your Automation_Custom_Script.sh.