Webpage Download Speed / File Hosting contribution

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
loedgreem

Webpage Download Speed / File Hosting contribution

Post by loedgreem »

I noticed today that the download speed of images is very slow. I was pulling an install image of 150 MB size and it took me about 10 mins to complete it. Im based in Germany and my net bandwith is about 250 MBit. While this download was running, I wasnt able to open a separate webpage of DietPi in a new tab, because everything stuck.

Has anywone noticed the same?

Im wondering if I could contribute to spend some file sharing bandwith for DiePi homepage? I could sync the repository to my own server to run a mirror like service. Whould that be interesting and helpful to the comunity?

Thanks for a short feedback :)

Thanks & Regards
-Sven
ravenclaw900

Re: Webpage Download Speed / File Hosting contribution

Post by ravenclaw900 »

Personally, I'm hosting a mirror of the DietPi images on IPFS, at /ipns/k51qzi5uqu5dl4k8ow3pqwed6dg3pmeadtaaq2npbdj5g5nx2bb58un143rvdk, and I have a request open to make that more 'mainstream' at https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi-Website/issues/97.
Joulinar

Re: Webpage Download Speed / File Hosting contribution

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

I'm located in Germany as well and I have no issues to download the image. They are on my side in less than a minute.

picture.PNG
picture.PNG (9.37 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team