Odroid XU4 not booting after update Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Odroid XU4 not booting after update

Post by Joulinar »

ok let's see. Maybe @MichaIng has an idea how to continue
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Please try to attach a keyboard and press some random keys. This should fill the entropy pool required to continue booting.

Although, not 100% sure if its the entropy issue, since random: crng init done means that the initial filling has finished, if I recall correctly. Can you show the other boot messages before that one, so that we see which boot state has been reached?
Dks

Post by Dks »

Sorry for my late response. Wasn't home to test.
I attached a photo of the boot process until stop (I cant see the messages before :/). Hope you can find something that helps.
If I use an usb keyboard and press any key to fill the entropy pool nothing happens. It still stays in the message.
Attachments
IMG_20210526_165404.jpg
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

I guess you would need to hit buttons for a while
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Dks

Post by Dks »

If I create a new "fresh" image of dietpi on another sd card. Is it possible to "mirror" the old one to get my homegear and homeassistant etc back?
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

There are a few more files around the filesystem and some other setup (system users) to get that back up. So I suggest, in case of Home Assistant, to only copy the /mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant over from the old image (and in case other directories from /mnt/dietpi_userdata and install it then freshly via dietpi-software. It will migrate your data and configs then. homegear is a HA plugin, or a separate software? In case not sure where it stores data.

Aside of dietpi-software, in general /etc contains software configurations, so you might want to look for specific configs there to copy to the new system. And /var/lib contains data, so same here, copy individual sub directories over, where you require it. But do not copy both dirs completely, as many contained stuff is system-generated and specific for its particular system and package state. Copying both would cause a lot of issues with APT and other system tools ;). So generally, only copy over individual files/dirs where you know that you need it, configs files you manually heavily changed etc.