Services do not start after reboot

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
drunKnight

Services do not start after reboot

Post by drunKnight »

Hello,
So I just installed everything on dietpi yesterday (fresh install), and by everything I mean: Plex, nordvpn, radarr, bazarr, sonarr, transmission and jackett.
Everything was working yesterday, but after reboot the following services are not starting: radarr, bazarr, sonarr.
If I start the service manually:

Code: Select all

sudo -u radarr /opt/radarr/Radarr -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/radarr
The service starts normally, but using dietpi-services I have the following error:

Code: Select all

May 09 10:01:54 DietPi systemd[1]: Started Radarr Daemon (DietPi).
May 09 10:01:54 DietPi systemd[634]: radarr.service: Failed to set up mount namespacing: No such file or directory
May 09 10:01:54 DietPi systemd[634]: radarr.service: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning /opt/radarr/Radarr: No such file or directory
May 09 10:01:54 DietPi systemd[1]: radarr.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=226/NAMESPACE
May 09 10:01:54 DietPi systemd[1]: radarr.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
(The error is the same on the other 2 services)
I have the dietpi user data moved to an external HDD.
Any help is appreciated.
Joulinar

Re: Services do not start after reboot

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

we had a similar case in the past viewtopic.php?t=8894
For the user the issue was fixed by reinstall the failed applications. Probably you can create a backup and try it out.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
drunKnight

Post by drunKnight »

I did that, but again after a restart it stopped working again.
By restart Im using a smart plug which basically cuts the power, I use this to shut down the raspberry pi over night and turn it on in the morning.
I never had the issue before when I was using everything in docker containers.
But then why am I able to start the service manually and not through dietpi-services?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

You should definitely switch off the system by running poweroff or shutdown now command and not just toggle power switch as this could cause inconsistencies
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team