docker-compose fails to install on Pine A64 on DietPi 7.1.2 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: docker-compose fails to install on Pine A64 on DietPi 7.1.2

Post by Joulinar »

The command from this post should fix it viewtopic.php?p=34245#p34245

You should be able to perfectly the installation afterwards
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
tfmeier

Post by tfmeier »

Joulinar wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:39 am The command from this post should fix it viewtopic.php?p=34245#p34245

You should be able to perfectly the installation afterwards
hmm, the above URL brings me to my post or are you referring to the sed command?

Code: Select all

sed -Ei 's@https://bootstrap\.pypa\.io/(3\.5/|)get-pip\.py@https://bootstrap.pypa.io/pip/\1get-pip.py@' /boot/dietpi/dietpi-software
meaning rather than starting the docker-compose install from the UI I simply use this command?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

The installation is failing right? Therefore you need to run the sed command to apply a correction. This will adjust the installation script. Once done you can start the installation.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
tfmeier

Post by tfmeier »

Yep. I figured that out in the meantime. Applied the `sed` command and re-ran the install.

Unfortunately it doesn't finish. Hangs halfway through the install. The attached shows the CPU at 100% although the RAM is only at about 30% (2GB RAM).

Tried to re-run without success. Stops at the same spot. Is there a way for me to delete the local cache and download the packages again or is there anything else I could try?
Attachments
docker-compose.png
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

this could take time while compiling. Let it run for 1 hour pls.
tfmeier

Post by tfmeier »

It ran for more than 2 hrs before I killed it. Looking at the resource monitor I still see CPU% and time incrementing. Does this mean the process still runs? How long can I expect this to run?

Also what about the cache? The log says `Using cached ....`. Could this be corrupt or do the packages automatically refresh every time I restart the process?

Restarted the installation (still running after 1hr 45) but found this error earlier on the console

running build_ext
      building '_cffi_backend' extension
      creating build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.5
      creating build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.5/c
      aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -g -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/python3.5-XIOK8o/python3.5-3.5.3=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -DUSE__THREAD -DHAVE_SYNC_SYNCHRONIZE -I/usr/include/ffi -I/usr/include/libffi -I/usr/include/python3.5m -c c/_cffi_backend.c -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.5/c/_cffi_backend.o
      c/_cffi_backend.c:15:17: fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
       #include <ffi.h>
                       ^
      compilation terminated.
      error: command 'aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
      ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-66i57p6p/cffi_6d177a9a6c0742e0b6d476b839622794/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-66i57p6p/cffi_6d177a9a6c0742e0b6d476b839622794/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-759asbzg/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --prefix /tmp/pip-build-env-0ekuz2br/overlay --compile --install-headers /tmp/pip-build-env-0ekuz2br/overlay/include/python3.5m/cffi Check the logs for full command output.
  ----------------------------------------
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

to clean the cache you could try running pip cache purge

Will do a test on my 64bit RPi4 as well now.
tfmeier

Post by tfmeier »

Ok. Let me know how you go.

As for my install it's now running for a good 11 hrs :) but still runs. My Internet connection is top (100Mbps) but it has been on the last step for at least 1 hr. Anyway I continue to let it run in hope it'll finish in the next few days :lol:

Docker compose install.png
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

sorry for late response but got hijacked by my family 8)

11 hours is definitely way to long. Even on my old RPi1 it was finishing in less than 1 hour. Will run a test on my RPi4 64bit now.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

That long time does not sound normal anymore. And the PINE A64 is not an RPi Zero, but quite capable.

The compilation error above indicates missing library headers:

apt install libffi-dev