Replacing USB drive for Nextcloud

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Tox

Re: Replacing USB drive for Nextcloud

Post by Tox »

Hello Joulinar,
So I have followed your procedure and everything went well until step 15. i have had an error because drive_manager didn't let me mount the new drive to /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data because the folder was not empty.
I have still restarted the services (step17) and I have decided to edit the /etc/fstab and uncomment the line corresponding to the new drive and write /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data manually.
After remove the USB stick and done a reboot the new drive was mount. I have check with Nextcloud and my data were there and everything is fully functionnal. Great !!! :D
You should mark your procedure as tutorial for those who would like to change their drive with a similar configuration than mine. thank you very much for your kind cooperation.
Joulinar

Re: Replacing USB drive for Nextcloud

Post by Joulinar »

yes that was one of the steps having the potential to fail. I guess the USB stick was not fully unmounted. And indeed changing /etc/fstab would be the other option. At the end drive manager is not doing anything else ;) Good that it was working this way at the end.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team