Small issue with dietpi-services Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Small issue with dietpi-services

Post by MichaIng »

Your grep sonarr /boot/dietpi/.dietpi-services_include_exclude shows the Sonarr exclusion. You can remove the now obsolete - sonarr line it contains.

/lib/systemd/system/sonarr.service is strange indeed, as dietpi-software creates /etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service.

But I see the Sonarr v3 package contains this service file natively, so I guess you installed Sonarr v3 manually once? And probably it's still installed: apt purge sonarr
Gass

Post by Gass »

Hi, yes you were right and as i said removing the file removes the issue.
MichaIng wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:15 pm But I see the Sonarr v3 package contains this service file natively, so I guess you installed Sonarr v3 manually once?
Yeah, something like that, sonarr updated itself to v3.0 from the previous dietpi version and that might have triggered the issue.

Thanks once again.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

sonarr updated itself to v3.0 from the previous dietpi version
Oh, does it? Would be new to me. Were all settings migrated successfully? We'll migrate to Sonarr v3 with next release as well, but I'm a bit concerned to force it when users need to re-configure vast parts of their Sonarr. If this is however done automatically anyway, no need to worry.
Gass

Post by Gass »

MichaIng wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 pm
sonarr updated itself to v3.0 from the previous dietpi version
Oh, does it? Would be new to me.
I guess it does, if you check the box to do automatic updates, and about how it went I should say it was flawless, besides this one little thing so good I didn't even remembered about it happening.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Lol, if it has an internal updater, the package version looses it's meaning, respectively a package reinstall/upgrade could even downgrade Sonarr. However, good to know about this, when doing tests and implementing the v2 => v3 migration.
trendy

Post by trendy »

For me radarr updated itself to v3. Sonarr on the contrary didn't and I had to do it manually. I suppose it had to do with the lack of package for the architecture of rockpi.