Autologin - 14-custom.sh - Showing manual login briefly

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
nksky3

Autologin - 14-custom.sh - Showing manual login briefly

Post by nksky3 »

Hi,
Set up as a Kiosk.
Running Dietpi 7.0.2,Pi4 4gb ram, Class 9 64gb SD card and using option 14 - custom.sh to boot startx to chromium. When the unit is booting up, it is displaying the usual boot text, but then it briefly shows the Dietpi-Baner and the login line, stops here for about 2 seconds, and then continues on to chromuim.

Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks in advance
Joulinar

Re: Autologin - 14-custom.sh - Showing manual login briefly

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

why are you not using autostart option 11 : Chromium - Dedicated use without desktop
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
nksky3

Re: Autologin - 14-custom.sh - Showing manual login briefly

Post by nksky3 »

Thanks for the reply. I could not get the chromium to work properly, I was having a few issues. As the unit is being used as a kiosk with its own hosted app, I required no mouse cursor, no scroll bars, no Google updates and no restore last session pop ups, but also a problem with chromium was that it was not loading the app immediately, so I was getting a "website could not be found" page before chromium would refresh and load the app.
Using startx I could disable all the above and also delay chromium from starting for 3 seconds to allow the app to fully load before chromium tried to run the page.