howto check disk

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
manilx

Re: howto check disk

Post by manilx »

OK! Done that.

Seems to look OK:

Code: Select all

│ e2fsck 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018)                                                                                          │
                               │ Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes                                                                           │
                               │ Pass 2: Checking directory structure                                                                                 │
                               │ Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity                                                                              │
                               │ Pass 4: Checking reference counts                                                                                    │
                               │ Pass 5: Checking group summary information                                                                           │
                               │ rootfs: 1079844/3853696 files (0.1% non-contiguous), 8138673/15597344 blocks
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Perfect, that looks fine. Still wondering about the fsck issue on reboot, but nothing to worry about then. When you unexpected powercycles again, we should investigate those separately. One step to keep system logs from before the crash/reboot is to enable persistent logging:

Code: Select all

dietpi-software uninstall 103 # to uninstall RAM logging
reboot
mkdir -p /var/log/journal # to enable persistent journal logging
systemctl restart systemd-journald
With this, after the powercycle, you can run journalctl to check system logs from before the reboot to hopefully get a hint what caused it.
manilx

Post by manilx »

Yes, I'll do that.

Selecting "Full" from dietpi-software logging option is te same, right?
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

No it's not (yet) the same. "Full" means that rsyslog and logrotate is installed, which is basically an unnecessary overhead to the system logging as systemd-journald is running anyway, but additionally forwards system logs to rsyslog which stores them in plain text to /var/www. So you have doubled system logging then. Of course when one needs or wants plain text log files, it's the way to go, but journalctl is actually quite nice, can filter and sort all system logs combined.

An outstanding task to make that "Full" logging choice a "Persistent syslog" choice, which enables the persistent journal by creating that directory for it.
manilx

Post by manilx »

Done.
Zottos

Re: personal tax advisor near me

Post by Zottos »

manilx wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:14 pm Hi

battling with a new Odroid N2+, which is constantly rebooting in the middle of dietpi-backup/sync to an external usb-ssd I question myself if the filesystem is not in risk of being corrupted.

If it is, is there a warning somewhere? And how can I check/fix it. I mean the main OS drive.

Thx in advance

How was the issue resolved?
manilx

Re: personal tax advisor near me

Post by manilx »

Zottos wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:37 pm
manilx wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:14 pm Hi

battling with a new Odroid N2+, which is constantly rebooting in the middle of dietpi-backup/sync to an external usb-ssd I question myself if the filesystem is not in risk of being corrupted.

If it is, is there a warning somewhere? And how can I check/fix it. I mean the main OS drive.

Thx in advance

How was the issue resolved?
Stopped using the N2+. There is no stable dietpi for this avaliable at the moment.