Any limitation with deitpi/nextcloud. Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
lightsout

Any limitation with deitpi/nextcloud.

Post by lightsout »

I have dietpi running on Odroid N2. I love the software and for a linux noob it is very nice to not have to figure everything out.

As I use Nextcloud more I see that I might like to use x86 hardware with a fast NVME drive as my data grows, I imagine with 1000's of pictures the Odroid will start to slow down.

Is there any reason not to use dietpi when moving to beefy hardware? Any think I might gain from just installing linux and nextcloud manually?

Just trying to think ahead. Thanks for the great package you guys offer.
Joulinar

Re: Any limitation with deitpi/nextcloud.

Post by Joulinar »

basically it depends on your own preferences. For sure you can use every other Linux based destro without issues. However you can stay with DietPi as well. But it would need to be x86_64 as 32bit is not supported by DietPi.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Thanks, I have spun up a dietpi vm on a windows machine. Works well. I guess my question is not about preference but are there any limitations with dietpi since it is meant for pi type hardware. Does it make concessions that a normal linux distro would not make?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

on x86_64 hardware, DietPi is working same way as on SBC. The main difference is the usage of plain Debian as base image instead of Raspberry OS. Just running nextcloud you are totally fine staying with DietPi.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Thank you. I think I'll just stick with dietpi. Working great so far.