Dietpi doesn't update

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Blaiz0r

Re: Dietpi doesn't update

Post by Blaiz0r »

OK I think I found the source of the issue, thank you for taking time to help me with this all so far.

My rootfs has a corruption, I noticed that I couldn't flash a new version of dietpi to my SD card, then I noticed that I couldn't manually format the SD card in any tool, even using dd.

Eventually after some digging around I found that I have some corruption that's proving very difficult to fix, when I run e2fsck I get
unable to set superblock flags on rootfs
This is pretty bad, so I'll have a play around but I think I need to buy a replacement.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok that's to bad, maybe @MichaIng has some idea except buying a new SD card
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

If formatting (the whole drive, not a partition) using dd fails, then it sounds like bad blocks on that card to me, so a replacement is required.

There are also tools which can do explicit bad blocks scanning, e.g. https://rufus.ie/ on Windows, but that involves the whole SD card being written one or two times (selectable) and result read-back to check whether what is written and what is read matches. So given that write-cycles are limited, that check additionally reduces the SD card's live time :(.